Thursday, December 6, 2018

All Beau Had To Do Was Buy One Present. One Freaking Present. Bless His Heart.

It's so hard. Just so hard. Being a man. Especially around the holidays.

I only have about eighty people to buy presents for. So when Beau steps up to the plate and says he's going to buy one gift in particular, I'm all for it.

Until the texts start rolling in. In the middle of the day. While I'm at work. Bless his heart.

I'm used to Beau going to the grocery store and calling no less than three times to ask me questions about my list. A list that includes pictures. And a layout of the supermarket. But still a minimum of three calls.

Then I have to hear all about it when he gets home. How all the old ladies congratulated him on being such a good dad. "It's so amazing what you're doing. Keep up the good work Dad."

For the love of God, he's buying freaking milk. No one ever compliments my parenting. Especially in public. Ever.

But firing up the old laptop and ordering something on Amazon is uncharted territory for Beau. There are no little old ladies applauding his efforts every step of the way. No one there to pat him on the back for being dad numero uno.

So I shouldn't have been surprised when I received the first text.
15590118_10210747518664641_4928857160876835884_n
I'll give him credit for getting it in the cart all by himself. Although I suspect a woman at his office might have played a hand in this. Bless his heart.

Beau is an educated man. He makes more money than me just for having a Y chromosome. Yet I picture him alone and scared in his office. Confused. So very confused.

I mean don't get me wrong, these are very valid questions.

How do I get it out of the cart and to our house? It's magic.

What shipping option should I choose? Well let's see dear heart, Christmas is five freaking days away and you've waited this long to make your purchase, so I suggest whateverthef*ck option will have it here by Christmas morn, darling. 

It's saying it's not available. What should I do? You should stop at the liquor store on your way home and buy me a bottle of wine that costs more than $4.99. for wasting my time with your nonsense. In the middle of the day. While I'm at work.

Then I think of all of the online purchases I have made over the years. All by myself. With no help from anyone. And I get angry.

I have made purchases while driving. I have made purchases while giving birth. I have made purchases cooking dinner with both hands tied behind my back.

I have even made purchases out of my mind blind drunk. Only to have them delivered a few days later with absolutely no recollection of making said purchase. I love surprises.

Exhibit A.
me
Still better than an incubator.

Now I'm not proud of all of my online purchases. But my point being, it's not rocket science. 

My kids have even managed to rack up hundreds of dollars in purchases by just pressing random buttons. But Beau can't order one shirt.

To Beau. You just leave the complicated art of Christmas shopping on Amazon to me. I got this, babe. Merry Christmas.
Dude, women are just constantly patting themselves on the back about how difficult their lives are, and no one corrects them because they want to [beep] them. ~Bill Burr

6 comments:

  1. It frustrates me EVERY year. Why am I not prepared for his inability to even brainstorm gift ideas for people? No clue. I buy myself a few things and wrap them, so he doesn't have to try because that doesn't end well either. When I was 8.5 months pregnant and weeks after my cousin had been killed in a car accident, Mr. Sensitive bought me a book called, 'Happy Housewives: I Was a Whining, Miserable, Desperate Housewife--But I Finally Snapped Out of It...You Can, Too!' No joke. That was my gift. He hadn't even opened the cover, but one of his physical therapy patients (whom I had never met) thought I would like it. WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Name is Shukri Yusuf from UK, I want to say thank you to Dr PATRICK for the good thing he has done for me,Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but i cant hide my happiness and my Joy so i have to share it with people, my marriage got crashed about two years ago and i tried all i could within my power but to no avail. i saw post and testimonial about the good things Dr PATRICK   has been doing so i decided to give it a try. though he is always a busy man but when he responded back to my email, he gave me 48hours for my marriage to be restored really just like he said my marriage was restored since then I am happy and i am living happily i am so grateful, Dr.PATRICK you can always email him here: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com   or call his phone/Whatsapp(+1662 493 2087)   




      My Name is Shukri Yusuf from UK, I want to say thank you to Dr PATRICK for the good thing he has done for me,Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but i cant hide my happiness and my Joy so i have to share it with people, my marriage got crashed about two years ago and i tried all i could within my power but to no avail. i saw post and testimonial about the good things Dr PATRICK   has been doing so i decided to give it a try. though he is always a busy man but when he responded back to my email, he gave me 48hours for my marriage to be restored really just like he said my marriage was restored since then I am happy and i am living happily i am so grateful, Dr.PATRICK you can always email him here: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com   or call his phone/Whatsapp(+1662 493 2087)   

      Delete
  2. My Name is Shukri Yusuf from UK, I want to say thank you to Dr PATRICK for the good thing he has done for me,Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but i cant hide my happiness and my Joy so i have to share it with people, my marriage got crashed about two years ago and i tried all i could within my power but to no avail. i saw post and testimonial about the good things Dr PATRICK   has been doing so i decided to give it a try. though he is always a busy man but when he responded back to my email, he gave me 48hours for my marriage to be restored really just like he said my marriage was restored since then I am happy and i am living happily i am so grateful, Dr.PATRICK you can always email him here: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com   or call his phone/Whatsapp(+1662 493 2087)   




    My Name is Shukri Yusuf from UK, I want to say thank you to Dr PATRICK for the good thing he has done for me,Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but i cant hide my happiness and my Joy so i have to share it with people, my marriage got crashed about two years ago and i tried all i could within my power but to no avail. i saw post and testimonial about the good things Dr PATRICK   has been doing so i decided to give it a try. though he is always a busy man but when he responded back to my email, he gave me 48hours for my marriage to be restored really just like he said my marriage was restored since then I am happy and i am living happily i am so grateful, Dr.PATRICK you can always email him here: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com   or call his phone/Whatsapp(+1662 493 2087)   

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life! Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Osasu for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 2months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr Osasu, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced me to Dr Osasu a true Spell Caster. In less than 24 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. Osasu for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. email: Drosasu25@gmail.com WhatsApp Number: +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete
  4. All thanks to Dr Jeffrey for helping me get back the love of my life. Are you in need of Spiritual help? Do you want your Ex back? Do you need business breakthrough? Do you need marriage spell? Do you need Good luck spell? Kindly contact Doctor Jeffrey on (dctrjeffrey@gmail.com) WhatsApp (+2348162061202) And get any kind of spell you want. Doctor Jeffrey helped me get the love of my life and we are happily married again and that is why i am posting this review for people who are also in need of love spell and protection for Corona Virus, and other kinds of problem to contact him

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello, Are you in need of an urgent loan to meet your financial needs? We offer loans between 2,000.00 and 100,000,000.00, are reliable, powerful, fast and dynamic, with no credit check and offer a 100% guarantee for foreign loans during the period of this transfer. We also issued a loan in all currencies with a 2% interest rate on all loans. If you are interested, please contact us at the company's e-mail address This e-mail: If you are interested, please contact:  challotloan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete